Choosing an Arborist
Looking for an arborist in Sutherland shire? An arborist is just like any other contractor. You should do your best to find someone who would work well for you. This would mean that they get the job done well within your budget. Make sure you ask all the following questions when choosing an arborist.
Ask them about their credentials
An arborist should possess the necessary credentials. There are many universities and colleges which offer professional degrees. However, there are few who learn everything on the job and taking in a few classes in between. Pruning a tree requires experience and skills. It’s an art which can’t be learned in little time and takes years of experience. They should also have the knowhow of applying pesticides.
Do they belong to a professional membership group?
All reputable arborists should belong to at least one professional association. This is a legit guarantee that they are true professionals and are committed to their work. Do the company they work for has a workers insurance? Make sure to ask for a copy of it.
Ask for references
Before you hire an arborist make sure you ask for references. If the arborist has worked for someone you know ask whether they completed the task I time. What were their charges? Basic questions regarding their work ethic. Did the work they perform was carried out skillfully and without any damage. Asking these questions would help you get a fairly good idea regarding how an arborist works. Also it would help you hire the right person for the job. If they are good and dedicated to their work, it is actually what matters the most.
It would be smart to get estimates from at least two or three people. This would help you decide which one you should hire. But do keep in mind that going with the lowest bid may not always be in your best interest. Perhaps the person who charges less doesn’t have the necessary experience. Therefore, go with someone who can do the job well even if you end up paying a bit extra.
Pruning trees requires a great deal of skill. Trees are either pruned to reduce size or improve the aesthetic appearance of the surroundings. Removing dead trees and plants is also a part of pruning.
- Mature trees might not require as much pruning a young trees. These require a regular cleaning up and should be performed on a yearly basis.
- It should be kept in mind that branches mustn’t be allowed to grow on top of one another
- Removal of branches should be carried out by a specific step wise process. If you haven’t got the necessary experience, make sure you get the trees pruned by a professional arborist.
- Pruning should be done in early spring.
- Also pruning should be carried out promptly right after a storm. The damaged branches should be cut off to avoid any injuries.